Melasma is tan or dark skin discoloration. Melasma is particularly common in women, especially pregnant women and those who are taking oral or patch contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy (HRT) medications. The symptoms of Melasma are dark, uneven well-demarcated hyperpigmented patches commonly found on the upper cheek, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead. Every person has a different skin type and hence needs different treatments so it is very essential to find the right dermatologist. Dr. Reena Sharma’s Dermatology clinic – an ultra-modern skin clinic in Delhi, is trusted for meticulously providing all kind of skin oriented treatment with wonderful results. Our primary focus is on your comfort.
Causes: Melasma can occur because of the following major reasons –
- Contraceptive pills – can also cause Melasma. So, as soon as you spot the symptoms, rush to your dermatologist because early detection prevents severity and also, with the advice of your doctor you can stop consuming the same contraceptive pills.
- HRT can also cause Melasma. .
Treatment: Dr. Reena Sharma provides a variety of Melasma Treatment in Noida at her skin Clinic, but not all treatments are recommended for everyone. So, a thorough examination of the condition is followed by a customized treatment for every individual patient.
- Medicated sunscreen lotion for protection from the sun.
- Medication and Topical creams
- Microdermabrasion – exfoliates and removes the Melasma affected the top layer of skin to give you a new and perfect facial skin.
- Laser Therapy – is the most ideal treatment if Melasma is caused due to hormonal imbalance.
Skin pigment known as ‘Melanin’, produced by cells called melanocytes, which gives skin the colour, is responsible for skin complexion. Freckles are cells that contain more amount of melanin compared to the surrounding areas. Freckles are visible in form of small, tiny black/brown spots on face. These spots may also be present on the hands, elbows, neck, back etc.
Freckles are triggered by exposure to sunlight. The melanocytes absorb the sunlight and produce more melanin, thereby causing freckles. They are a natural reaction of the skin to the sun.
- Hereditary- It runs in families, and children are more likely to have freckles if the parents have them.
- Complexion- fair people are more prone to have freckles than dark people.
- Seasonal- In some people, freckles appear in the summer and disappear in the winter.
While there are stories that freckles are angel kisses, but this is not true. Freckles do not bring any good luck charm and can be prevented and avoided to improve overall skin and aesthetic appeal.
Dr. Reena Sharma provides a variety of Treatment for freckles in Greater Noida at her skin Clinic, but not all treatments are recommended for everyone. Avoiding or reducing sun exposure and using good sun protection can help in reducing the number of freckles and the darkness of the freckles.
- Topical Creams- Though widely used, these contain bleaching agents which act on the entire skin and not just the freckles. Retin -A is one of the widely used products.
- Laser- Considered the most effective method for freckles removal, a beam of the laser is used to reduce the unwanted melanocytes which produce melanin. This not only reduces freckles, but it also improves skin tone and colour.
- Cryotherapy- Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the melanin-producing cells are frozen by removing, thereby removing freckles.