Melasma / Freckles
Melasma is tan or dark skin discoloration. Melasma is particularly common in women, especially pregnant women and those who are taking oral or patch contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy (HRT) medications. The symptoms of Melasma are dark, uneven well-demarcated hyperpigmented patches commonly found on the upper cheek, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead. Every person has a different skin type and hence needs different treatments so it is very essential to find the right dermatologist. Dr. Reena Sharma’s Dermatology clinic – an ultra-modern skin clinic in Delhi, is trusted for meticulously providing all kind of skin oriented treatment with wonderful results. Our primary focus is on your comfort.
Causes: Melasma can occur because of the following major reasons –
- Contraceptive pills – can also cause Melasma. So, as soon as you spot the symptoms, rush to your dermatologist because early detection prevents severity and also, with the advice of your doctor you can stop consuming the same contraceptive pills.
- HRT can also cause Melasma. .
Treatment: Dr. Reena Sharma provides a variety of Melasma Treatment in Noida at her skin Clinic, but not all treatments are recommended for everyone. So, a thorough examination of the condition is followed by a customized treatment for every individual patient.
- Medicated sunscreen lotion for protection from the sun.
- Medication and Topical creams
- Microdermabrasion – exfoliates and removes the Melasma affected the top layer of skin to give you a new and perfect facial skin.
- Laser Therapy – is the most ideal treatment if Melasma is caused due to hormonal imbalance.