LASER TATTOO REMOVAL
Laser tattoo removal is a revolutionary treatment that helps to remove and fade unwanted tattoos with minimal complications following the treatment and optimum results. It is a safe and effective treatment to remove undesirable tattoos.
Are you looking for a suitable Laser Tattoo Removal Clinic in Delhi? Visit Derma Essence’s clinic for an apt solution.
Types of Tattoos
An amateur tattoo is normally formed using a single color (India ink) such as black, brown, and blue. They can be applied by someone using a needle and a bottle of India ink at home without under the guidance of any professional tattoo artist. It is applied at varying depths and sits close to the top layer of the skin.
A professional tattoo is usually comprised of multi-colors and formed using a machine and maple ink. They use much stronger inks as compared to amateur tattoos. Colors in professional tattoos applied evenly to the layer beneath the skin that called dermis. These tattoos are created by trained and professional tattoo artist at salon or tattoo parlor.
Cosmetic tattoos are also known as permanent make-up. It involves the application of pigments into the skin which results in soft shades that imitate cosmetics (make-up). For example eyebrows, eyeliner, and lip liner are tattooed into the skin. It is an everlasting form of makeup that removes the need to apply any kind of cosmetics on a daily basis.
Traumatic tattoos which are also known as natural tattoos occur due to an accident or trauma such as an accident stab wound from a pen or pencil or grazes following a road accident.
HOW DOES THIS LASER WORK?
The laser emits the energy that causes the tattoo particles to heat up and break down these tattoo particles into tiny fragments. Then within a period of 8-12 weeks, the scavenger cells of the body ‘mop up’ these tiny fragments cause the tattoo to gradually fade over time. Amateur tattoos generally respond more quickly to the procedure as compared to professional tattoos. Professional tattoos are more difficult to remove completely from the skin because the ink tends to be deeper in the skin. Bright colors that are being used for professional tattoos are difficult to remove as they do not absorb the energy. They usually take a longer time to break down and need more treatments to completely remove the tattoo than black, blue, and red colors in amateur tattoos.
Correct assessment of your tattoo including its color, depth, and location, along with correctly assessing your skin type. Skin Type is important to consider because while most tattoos can be treated in 3-6 treatments, and some tattoos may require more or fewer treatments such as:
- Some colors, such as red, orange, and yellow, will require additional treatments.
- Tattoos, where the ink is deeply set within the skin, will also require additional treatments.
- Amateur tattoos will often require fewer treatments than professional tattoos
- Tattoos located in areas with poor blood flow may also require more treatments.
PREPARATION FOR LASER TATTOO REMOVAL
- Do not expose the treatment area to the sun throughout your treatment plan.
- Do not have any laser, Microhydrabrasion, or other skin treatments in the area for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your laser tattoo removal treatment.
- Ensure that any fake tan, body moisturizer, makeup, deodorants, or perfumes have been thoroughly removed as these can impact your results.
- Do not apply numbing creams or gels to the area because the use of these products will give a negative impact on your treatment results. Laser Tattoo Removal Cost in Delhi is quite affordable, consult Dr. Reena Sharma for a cost-effective solution.
What will laser tattoo removal feel like?
Most people feel some pain during the treatment, which they describe as being like ‘a warm elastic band hitting your skin’. They will feel discomfort immediately after the procedure because the treated area will be red, slightly elevated and the skin will have a frosted appearance but these side effects will settle down quickly. There may also be some minor bleeding from the area, but this will heal by own and there should be no further problems. Patients need between 4 to 12 treatment sessions to remove an unwanted tattoo and for the good results approximately 4-6 weeks apart.
POST TREATMENT CARE
- A dressing may be applied to the treatment area to prevent the area from rubbing on clothing; this dressing should be removed the night of your treatment.
- It is recommended to wear loose clothing on the day of your appointment and during the healing process.
- Doctor prescribed ointment must be applied for a minimum of 7 days post laser treatment.
- SPF must be applied to all treatment areas and sun exposure must be avoided at all times while undergoing treatments.
- Avoid excessive physical activity, hot showers, pools, spas, and saunas for up to 72 hours post-treatment.
- Icing the area for a minimum of 10mins every 30-40mins for the remainder of the day after your treatment will reduce the risk of blistering post-treatment. Should a blister occur do not break the skin and allow it to heal naturally, any interference with the healing process can lead to scarring.
- To reduce this risk it is important that you do not pick, scratch, or aggravate the area as removing a scab or blister can increase your risk of developing a scar.