Acne Scar Surgeries
ACNE SCAR SURGERIES
If yes, then all you have to do is visit Derma Essence, one of South Delhi’s best skin & hair centric clinic. We are under the expert supervision of our professional Dermatologist, Dr. Reena Sharma who himself guides all the treatments happening under our roof.
Here Dr. Reena Sharma is explaining common Acne Scar surgeries performed at Derma Essence Clinic.
What are Acne Scars?
An acne scar is usually the result of inflamed blemishes that occurs due to skin pores engorged with excess oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells. The scars start to get visible when a breakout starts penetrating the skin deeply, thus damaging the tissues residing within it. We at Derma Essence first study our patient’s medical history before heading forward for any further medication or treatment.
Well, Acne scars can be different types, and according to the type of scars, doctor decides which treatment is good, like surgical or other treatments. The best part about acne scars is that they can be treated. Though, some of the treatment requires professional help as well. This is where a good and experienced Dermatologist like Dr. Reena Sharma can prove handy, solving all your issues with ease and comfort.
What are the types of scars ?
We at Derma Essence have successfully dealt with numerous cases of acne scars. As per our expert Dermatologist Dr. Reena Sharma, acne signs and symptoms vary heavily depending upon the seriousness of a patient’s skin condition.
Some common types of acne scars are –
- Rolling scares – These are U-shaped scars and this happens because of some fibre attached from deeper skin, which pulls skin inside, The best acne surgery treatment is subcision.
- Boxcar – These are box shaped scars and surgery done for boxcar are – Punch excision, Punch excision and grafts, suturing
- Icepick scars – These are deep scars like pins, narrow opening. generally surgery is not indicated
- Hypertrophic scars – These are elevated scars. Surgery generally not indicated but can be done for large lesions. it called debulking surgery.
What are types of acne surgery?
There are many types of surgeries for acne scars and doctor decides which surgery will be good for scars – Here is the list of some common acne surgeries –
- Subcision – This surgery is for rolling scars.
- Punch excision and suture – This surgery is for boxcar and combined scars
- Pinch excision and elevation –This surgery is for boxcar and combined scars
- Punch excision and Grafting — This surgery is for boxcar and combined scars
- RFA cutting – This surgery is for boxcar and combined scars
- Combinations of surgery
How much result I can expect from acne surgery ?
Well, The result may vary from person to person. It also depends on types of scar, site of scar, size of scar and healing power of skin. Generally 30-70% results can be expected ( as said by various studies. Complete clearance is not possible. For better result, Doctor combines other treatment modalities like Lasers for acne, Organic Peels and Medicines to give better result. So always ask all about treatment results prior to staring any therapy.